Tips for Caring the Carpet To Be Far from Moisture and Dust
Carpets become one of the ornaments that beautify the room, as well as home furnishings that can be used for playing bases or when gathering with family in front of the TV. In tropical countries like Indonesia which tend to be damp, caring for and storing carpets can be quite troublesome. The carpet has the potential to become a place for fungi to grow and dust and dirt to settle easily.
Therefore it is important to keep the carpet dry and away from damp. Kavita Chaudhary, Design Head of Jaipur Rugs provides some tips on caring for carpets to be durable and germ-free, as quoted from India Times.
1. Clean the carpet from dust and damp with a vacuum cleaner, at least twice a week. Vacuuming helps to get rid of dirt, fungus potential and residue from carpet regularly.
2. Perform cleaning every day with brooms and duster. This is also important to get rid of the loose carpet fibers which can trigger an allergic reaction if inhaled.
3. To prevent damp or musty odor, Kavita recommends laying the carpet and drying it in the sun all day.
4. Save the carpet in a rolled manner, not folded to prevent it from getting damp and being exposed to water or food spills. It is advisable to put a bag of silica gel in a roll of carpet to keep it dry and not damp.
5. If your house or residence is in a damp area, you should choose a light cotton carpet. When it rains or damp weather, cotton rugs will dry out faster.
carpet care, carpet cleaning tips, get dust out of carpets, dirty carpets fixed, carpet maintenance, carpet care tips